Online Police Reporting…

If this is an emergency, call 911
Non-emergency phone: 509-575-6200
Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm (Excluding Federally Recognized Holidays)

The Yakima Police Department’s Online Police Reporting System allows anyone to conveniently submit a non-emergency incident from any internet-enabled PC or mobile device through this web-based online reporting system and immediately print a copy of the police report for free.

This system is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to community members and businesses. You can report incidents such as property damage, lost property, telephone harassment, and thefts.


It is a state requirement that any driver, pedestrian, pedal cycle, or property owner involved in a collision within the state with $1000 or more damage to any one unit and/or injury to any person must complete a Motor Vehicle Collision Report.

A Motor Vehicle Collision Report may be completed online through the Washington State Patrol website. This site allows citizens involved in a collision to complete and submit the collision report and receive a report number. When you have finished completing the form, print or save a copy for your records. A Motor Vehicle Collision Report form may also be provided to you in-person at the Yakima Police Department. However, if a police officer is present and indicates he/she will submit a collision report, then you are not required to submit one.

Insurance companies and citizens can download and print a copy of the report without having to contact the Yakima Police Department. You will need to enter the name of the agency that investigated the collision, the date of the incident, and the case number. Please note that fees for copies of collision report do apply.


Monday-Friday 9:00am-4:00pm (Excluding Federally Recognized Holidays)

State law (RCW 9.41.050) requires you to possess a valid concealed pistol license when you are carrying a pistol concealed on your person or carrying or placing a loaded pistol in a vehicle. Licenses are valid for five years.

In order for YPD to process your application you must reside within the city limits of Yakima and be at least 21 years of age. A valid Washington State Drivers License, ID Card or other government-issued photo ID is required in order to confirm identity. In some instances, proof of residency will need to be provided, such as a utility bill or rent/lease agreement.

Non-US citizens may only apply after first obtaining an Alien Firearm License. Application for that license may be made through the Washington State Department of Licensing. This excludes US permanent residents.
An original CPL applicant is fingerprinted and subjected to a background check. The licenses will be mailed within 30 days if the applicant qualifies. An applicant for a CPL renewal may apply for renewal up to 90 days prior to the expiration date and as late as 90 days after the expiration date. An applicant for a CPL renewal is subjected to a background check. CPLs are valid for 5 years from date of issuance.

Washington has reciprocity or accepts concealed pistol licenses issued by a number of other states, so long as the handgun is carried in accordance with Washington law. The Washington State Attorney General’s web site provides a list of those states that have reciprocity with Washington for concealed pistol licenses.

Fees are paid at the time of application and are non-refundable (Visa/Mastercard, cash, money orders or personal checks accepted).

CPL Fees:
Original – $49.25
Renewal – $32.00
Late Renewal – $42.00
Replacement Fee – $10

Additional Requirements:

  • No pending trial, appeal, or sentencing on a prohibitive charge
  • No outstanding warrants for any charge, from any court, regardless of jurisdiction
  • No court order or injunction against the possession of a firearm
  • No mental health prohibitors
  • Not under the supervision of the Department of Corrections
  • No felony convictions – this includes juvenile felony convictions
  • No convictions for any of the following crimes when committed by one family member against another on or after July 1, 1993;
  • Assault IV
  • Coercion
  • Stalking
  • Reckless Endangerment
  • Criminal Trespass in the first degree
  • Violation of the provisions of a protection order or no-contact order restraining the person or excluding the person from the residence


Criminal History Records or background checks, consist of fingerprint-based records and disposition information submitted by law enforcement agencies and courts throughout Washington. You may run a background check and receive the results immediately by using WATCH (Washington Access to Criminal History). A fee will apply.


The Yakima Police Department is committed to upholding public trust by conducting unbiased, impartial, and objective investigations into criminal and administrative allegations of police employee misconduct. Each investigation shall strive to balance the need for community accountability while ensuring all the protections and rights of the accused throughout the process. The Department will accept and address all complaints of misconduct in accordance with this policy and applicable federal, state and local law, municipal and county rules and the requirements of any memorandum of understanding or collective bargaining agreements.

It is also the policy of this department to ensure that the community can report misconduct without concern for reprisal or retaliation. If you have a concern about an officers actions please tell us what happened.

The Yakima Police additionally welcomes and recognizes officers that impact our community in extraordinary ways. Please share your story about our officers! 


Does someone in your home have special needs? If so, you may be interested in the Yakima Police Department (YPD) Project Guardian. This is a program developed to help keep your loved one with special needs, including autism, safe. The program is based on Project Guardian developed by the Newport News (VA) Police Department.

The program is a free, voluntary, and confidential database offered, managed, and maintained by YPD for persons living within the City of Yakima

Police often don’t know whether or not individuals they encounter have special needs because there aren’t any telltale physical signs. Flashing lights on an emergency vehicle, for example, might cause a person with special needs to become frightened and act out. Officers may not understand why some individuals with special needs will not make eye contact with them, keep their fists clenched, or flap their hands. What may seem like a simple interaction with police could be a very traumatic situation for a person with special needs and confusing to officers.


The City of Yakima and YPD provide the capability to request records through RecordTrac. You will be asked to describe the records you are seeking, give a date range for the request, select the department it is in reference to, and provide your contact information.

Within 5 business days the City must respond to your request. A response can be the following:

  • a question about your request
  • an estimate on when your records will be delivered
  • a note explaining why the records cannot be released
  • the documents you requested


Register your camera

OR register your camera in person
200 South Third Street
Yakima, WA 98901

SafeCam is a community action program that allows business owners, tenants, and homeowners the opportunity to register their personal security cameras with the Yakima Police Department. Registration is entirely voluntary. We will NOT have remote access to your camera but by answering a few simple questions and notifying us of your camera systems you will be providing Detectives with the ability to solve crimes in your neighborhood faster.

Using the geographic locations of the registered cameras, the Department will be able to REQUEST program participants to check their video surveillance system for a specific date and time of when the incident occurred in their area. If the participant finds any video evidence, they can contact the Yakima Police Department to make arrangements for video retrieval at the convenience of the camera owner.

Traducir / Translate »