Yakima City Jail
Yakima City Jail…
200 South Third Street, Yakima, WA 98901
Maritza Davis, Corrections Division Manager
Corrections Officers assigned to this division are responsible for the care and custody of offenders charged with and/or convicted of misdemeanor crimes occurring within the City of Yakima. Yakima City Jail is a 79 bed, full-service facility housing male offenders. Duties include booking and classification; transports; court security duties; monitoring visitations; and accounting for prisoner property and funds. The City Jail also operates an Electronic Home Monitoring Program.
The City of Yakima contracts with the Yakima County Department of Corrections for the housing of female inmates and inmates requiring specific individualized care.
Often officers begin their career with YPD in the Correction Division. For information about current open positions check out City of Yakima Employment Opportunities.
Jail Frequently Asked Questions…
- In order to visit an inmate, you must be at least 18 years of age and have valid State Identification with you. You will not be allowed to visit if you have a valid No Contact Order involving the inmate you wish to visit.
- Visiting for inmates is based on their housing location. The housing location can be found on the Current Inmate Roster listed under question #5.
- “A Tank” visits Mondays from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- “B Tank” visits Tuesdays from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- “C Tank” visits Wednesday from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- “D Tank” visits Thursday from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- “E Tank” visits on Friday from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., Saturday from 10: 00 a.m. to Noon and Sunday from 10:00 am to noon & 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
You can deposit money for an inmate by using the blue kiosk located in the jail visiting lobby, it’s available 24 hrs a day. It accepts cash or debit/credit card. You can drop off medication for an inmate at any time.
You can call the Yakima City Jail at (509) 575-3571.
The mailing address is:
Yakima City Jail, Inmate _______________
200 S. 3rd. Street
Yakima, WA 98901
Inmates are allowed to call you collect. You have the option of setting up a prepaid account by calling ICSolutions at 1-888-506-8407
You can pick up money or property from an inmate during 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. You need to have valid identification and be over 18 years old. The inmate must agree to release his property to you.
You can pay cash at the City Jail or contact a Bail Bond company. Bail bond companies must be approved to post bonds by the Yakima Municipal Court.
The Home Detention direct line is (509) 576-6773.
For other questions, or to speak to a staff member, call 509-575-3571.