1. Where is the Yakima City Jail located?
    1. It is on the corner of 3rd Street and Walnut Ave, located at 200 S. 3rd St. Yakima, WA 98901.
  2. What type of offenders does the City Jail house?
    1. The City Jail houses Adult Males that have been charged with a Misdemeanor Offense that have been arrested by the Yakima Police Department.
  3. Where are females and felonies housed?
    1. All females and felony offenders are housed at the Yakima County Jail. The Yakima County Jail is located at 111 N. Front St.
  4. What is the Yakima County Jail phone #?
    1. The Yakima County Jail phone # is (509) 574-1700.
  5. How do I find out if an inmate is housed in the Yakima City Jail?
    1. You can go on the Yakima Police Department website: Current Inmate Roster or you can call the Yakima City Jail at (509) 575-3571.
  6. Where do I pay a ticket?
    1. Tickets are paid at the Yakima Municipal court. The court is located at 200 S. 3rd St. The phone # is (509) 575-3050.
  7. Who do I call for a Police matter?
    1. Call the Yakima Police Department at (509) 575-6200.
  8. How do I visit an inmate at the Yakima City Jail?
    1. In order to visit an inmate, you must be at least 18 years of age and have valid State Identification with you. You will not be allowed to visit if you have a valid No Contact Order involving the inmate you wish to visit.
    2. Visiting for inmates is based on their housing location. The housing location can be found on the Current Inmate Roster listed under question #5.
      1. “A Tank” visits Mondays from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
      2. “B Tank” visits Tuesdays from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
      3. “C Tank” visits Wednesday from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
      4. “D Tank” visits Thursday from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
      5. “E Tank” visits on Friday from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., Saturday from 10: 00 a.m. to Noon and Sunday from 10:00 am to noon & 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
  9. How can an inmate call me?
    1. Inmates are allowed to call you collect. You have the option of setting up a prepaid account by calling ICSolutions at 1-888-506-8407.
  10. What can I bring for an inmate?
    1. The only items accepted are money and medication. You can deposit money for an inmate by using the blue kiosk located in the jail visiting lobby, it’s available 24 hrs a day. It accepts cash or debit/credit card. You can drop off medication for an inmate at any time.
  11. How do I pick up money or property from an inmate?
    1. You can pick up money or property from an inmate during 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. You need to have valid identification and be over 18 years old. The inmate must agree to release his property to you.
  12. How do I find out an inmate’s charges and bail?
    1. You can call the Yakima City Jail at (509) 575-3571.
  13. How do I post bail for an inmate?
    1. You can pay cash at the City Jail or contact a Bail Bond company. Bail bond companies must be approved to post bonds by the Yakima Municipal Court.
  14. How do I send a letter to an inmate?
    1. The mailing address is:
      Yakima City Jail, Inmate_______________
      200 S. 3rd. Street
      Yakima, WA 98901
  15. What are the guidelines for sending mail?
    1. You may send letters, cards or photographs as long as they don’t contain:
      1. Extra postage stamps, paper, envelops or any other items.
      2. Cash or credit cards.
      3. Glue, stickers, markers, crayon.
      4. Lipstick, perfume, glitters.
      5. Coded language, sexually explicit, pornographic, racially inflammatory content, or gang related content.
  16. Who do I contact for Home Detention related questions?
    1. The Home Detention direct line is (509) 576-6773.